<i18n dev> RFR [jdk8u-dev]: Add pl localization to jar tool

Michael Fang michael.fang at oracle.com
Tue Mar 24 17:31:24 UTC 2015

Hi Jabob,

Thank you very much for contributing to the translation of native2ascii
tool and jar tool.

The information displayed on http://openjdk.java.net/groups/i18n was
created prior to JDK8. Due to Makefile updates, the localization
instruction does not work anymore. We need to fix this page ASAP.

Currently, we are not able to support additional language translation in
OpenJDK bundles without also including them in Oracle JDK bundles. To
add additional localization to your environment, you could create a jar
file with translated resource files and place the jar file under
<java_home>/lib/ext directory (works up to JDK8).

thanks,

-michael