<i18n dev> [9] RFR: 8075548: SimpleDateFormat formatting of "LLLL" in English is incorrect; should be identical to "MMMM"

Naoto Sato naoto.sato at oracle.com
Fri Mar 27 22:39:12 UTC 2015

Hi Martin,

I am not a Calendar expert, but I'd think if a query for narrow names
fails, in some cases it would be useful not to fall back to longer
names, say weekday names in chinese, 星期一..星期五or something like
that. If they were mistakenly displayed at the calendar title row, it
could all display '星' in that narrow field which seems meaningless.

BTW, the fix looks good to me, Masayoshi.

Naoto