<i18n dev> Code Review for JDK-8141243: Unexpected timezone returned after parsing a date

Ramanand Patil ramanand.patil at oracle.com
Tue Nov 17 16:09:19 UTC 2015

Hi Masayoshi,

Thank you for your feedback and suggestion.

As you said, I understood that There's no perfect solution on the issue because the short display names(abbreviations) can't be unique.

I was trying to apply the workaround by considering the cases where the short display names are same as the Zone IDs. Anyways if the issue is reproducible in JDK 9 with the legacy time zone names I will dig more into it and try to find the correct fix.

Sorry, if I am asking very simple question(I am new to this group/process and want to understand correctly),
I didn't understand what is meant by your suggestion of moving UTC display names in all resource bundles (all TimeZoneNames*.java under sun.util.resources) up to the compatibility group.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,
Ramanand.