<i18n dev> RFR: 8158272 & 8158468 (tools/jlink/plugins/IncludeLocalesPluginTest.java bug fixes)

Masayoshi Okutsu masayoshi.okutsu at oracle.com
Mon Jun 13 06:10:50 UTC 2016

On 6/11/2016 5:53 AM, Mandy Chung wrote:
>> On Jun 10, 2016, at 12:08 AM, Masayoshi Okutsu <masayoshi.okutsu at oracle.com> wrote:
>>
>> (re-sending to include jigsaw-dev)
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Please review fixes for 8158272 and 8158468. The test had several problems.
>>
>> :
>> Webrev:
>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~okutsu/9/8158272.8158468/webrev.00
> It’s good that you replace the hard-coded list of all available locales.  Is it possible to build the golden data programmatically to avoid hardcoding it?

I think that's possible, but it'll take time to develop it. I hope SQE
will develop a better test.

> As Alan already suggests, you should consider using ProcessTools testlibrary that will launch the child process with the options specified in jtreg command.

I took a look at ProcessTools, but it doesn't seem to be very convenient
for this test to use ProcessTools because the test needs to run java in
the image produced by each jlink run. Do you think subprocesses created
by the main test need to use jtreg options?

Thanks,
Masayoshi