<i18n dev> RFR 9 7131356 : (props) "No Java runtime present, requesting install" when creating VM from JNI [macosx]

Brent Christian brent.christian at oracle.com
Tue Jun 21 22:17:10 UTC 2016

Hi, Naoto

"Spanish (Latin America)" already works the same as it did before the
change - it maps to "es_XL".  Because "es-419" has more than 2
characters following the '-', no change is made and
getMacOSXLocale(LC_MESSAGES) returns "es-419".  I added a mapping for
"es-419" -> "es_XL" in locale_str.h.

System property values are (still) set to:
   user.language: es
   user.country: XL
   user.country.format: (2-char country code for the selected Region)

Thanks,
-Brent