<i18n dev> RFR: 8166875: (tz) Support tzdata2016g

Ramanand Patil ramanand.patil at oracle.com
Tue Oct 4 10:22:18 UTC 2016

Hi Martin,
Thank you for your review and explanation of "Yangon". I liked the translation "End of Strife".

Looking at the description of the ZoneNames.java:
* The zid<->metazone mappings are based on CLDR metaZones.xml.
 * The alias mappings are based on Link entries in tzdb data files.

I had thought to not update this file because the CLDR metaZones.xml file doesn’t have this entry updated.
But I think you are correct, since Link entry has this alias mentioned, there is no harm in adding these entries to zidMap and aliasMap arrays.
Here is the updated Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~rpatil/8166875/webrev.01/

Changes done:
	- Updated src/java.base/share/classes/java/time/format/ZoneName.java to include "Yangon" entry.
	- Removed unused imports from src/java.base/share/classes/java/time/format/ZoneName.java
	- Updated ZoneName.java in the test package as well to include "Yangon". [test/java/time/test/java/time/format/ZoneName.java]
	- Updated the bugID for test/java/time/test/java/time/format/TestZoneTextPrinterParser.java since this uses the "ZoneName.java" defined in test package.

Also, looks like ZoneName.java is trying to maintain a comprehensive list of zone names. Though I found very few zone names are missing from this file like: "Europe/Busingen", "America/Fort_Nelson", "Antarctica/Troll" etc...

Regards,
Ramanand.