<i18n dev> [10] RFR: 8189272 & 8189291

mandy chung mandy.chung at oracle.com
Fri Oct 20 21:45:38 UTC 2017

On 10/20/17 2:20 PM, Naoto Sato wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Please review the changes for the following two issues:
>
> 8189272: CLDR and JRE LocaleProviderAdapters silently swallow
> exceptions [1]
> 8189291: Test policy should extend the default system policy [2]
>
> The proposed fixes for the above issues are located below, respectively:
>
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~naoto/8189272/webrev.00/

Looks fine.  The installed providers are our implementation and silently
ignore any exception would make it really hard to diagnose problems.
This change will help the diagnosability.

> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~naoto/8189291/webrev.00/

If the default policy is not cached early before any test policy is
constructed, the test might get the wrong Policy object set by the test
previously (for example, if it runs in agentvm mode).   It would be more
reliable if this is cached as the static field in the test class (i.e.
the enclosing class of the policy subclass) - like CallerSensitiveTest.

test/jdk/sun/util/locale/provider/Bug8038436.java
- I think the test fix should be part of JDK-8189272, right?

Mandy