<i18n dev> Proposal: Input Method re-connection

Toshio 5 Nakamura TOSHIONA at jp.ibm.com
Tue Jun 26 08:46:28 UTC 2018

Hello,

I'd like to contribute a proposal about Input Method (IM) re-connection
on Linux. This is a part of contribution of IBM enhancements.

Issue:
After IM process (fcitx, kinput2, etc.) was down, Java GUI application
cannot use it even if IM process is restarted. This change try to
re-connect IM when its process was restarted on Linux.

Description of changes:
- XRegisterIMInstantiateCallback is set in DestroyXIMCallback.
- Saved the latest activated X11InputMethod instance and use it to
   call its activate method in the instantiate callback.
- XSelectInput in XMSelection.java may reset the
   XRegisterIMInstantiateCallback entry, so it's changed to keep the
   current registers.

Patch:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~aleonard/im_resume/webrev.00/
(I asked my colleague to store my patch for easy reference.
 I'm a contributor and need a sponsor of the proposal.)

Could I ask someone to kindly become a sponsor of this proposal?

Thanks,
Toshio Nakamura, IBM Japan