<i18n dev> RFR: 8255086: Update the root locale display names [v2]

Joe Wang joehw at openjdk.java.net
Thu Oct 22 22:32:12 UTC 2020

On Thu, 22 Oct 2020 21:40:59 GMT, Brent Christian <bchristi at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Naoto Sato has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>>
>>   Put a newline at the end.
>
> Marked as reviewed by bchristi (Reviewer).

Hi Naoto,

Do we need a test similar to ISO3166 where display names of Locale.ROOT and Locale.US are compared? I see LocaleEnhanceTest.java has references to Locale.ROOT and a few selected names were updated. But we don't seem to have a test like ISO3166 that does a straight-forward comparison.

The code you used to generate the updated LocaleNames.properties (in the comment section), that seems to be valuable. I wonder if there's a better way to preserve it, as part of the manual tool, or maybe put it back into the repo as part of a test?