<i18n dev> RFR: 8262108: SimpleDateFormat formatting broken for sq_MK Locale [v2]

Jaikiran Pai jpai at openjdk.java.net
Wed Apr 14 02:14:57 UTC 2021

On Tue, 13 Apr 2021 17:56:12 GMT, Naoto Sato <naoto at openjdk.org> wrote:

>Have you run regression tests in java.time? If I am not mistaken, your changes simply seem to nullify the day period support.

Hello @naotoj, my tier1 test run passed without issues locally with this change:

==============================
Test summary
==============================
   TEST                                              TOTAL  PASS  FAIL ERROR
>> jtreg:test/hotspot/jtreg:tier1                     1750  1746     4     0 <<
   jtreg:test/jdk:tier1                               2022  2022     0     0
   jtreg:test/langtools:tier1                         4158  4158     0     0
   jtreg:test/jaxp:tier1                                 0     0     0     0
   jtreg:test/lib-test:tier1                             0     0     0     0

(the 4 hotspot failures are unrelated environmental issues).

After seeing your message, I now ran the `java/time` regression tests:

jtreg -jdk:build/macosx-x86_64-server-release/images/jdk/ test/jdk/java/time/
Test results: passed: 184

and even those passed.

I don't have much knowledge in this area of the code, but as far as I can see, this doesn't touch the changes introduced in the java.time to support the new day period construct.