<i18n dev> RFR: 8267587: Update java.util to use enhanced switch

Tagir F.Valeev tvaleev at openjdk.java.net
Tue May 25 03:56:07 UTC 2021

On Mon, 24 May 2021 13:46:58 GMT, Daniel Fuchs <dfuchs at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Inspired by PR#4088. Most of the changes are done automatically using IntelliJ IDEA refactoring. Some manual adjustments are also performed, including indentations, moving comments, extracting common cast out of switch expression branches, etc.
>>
>> I also noticed that there are some switches having one branch only in JapaneseImperialCalendar.java. Probably it would be better to replace them with `if` statement?
>
> src/java.base/share/classes/java/util/zip/ZipOutputStream.java line 261:
>
>> 259:             ZipEntry e = current.entry;
>> 260:             switch (e.method) {
>> 261:                 case DEFLATED -> {
>
> Same remark here - it's not clear what's going on.

Here, it's mostly indentation change (+4 spaces). You can set "Hide whitespace changes" and see:
![image](https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/5114450/119436860-3259b680-bd47-11eb-92d8-f940493d08c2.png)
Alternatively, I can indent back this switch, placing `case` on the same indentation level as `switch`. I'm not sure about recommended code style in OpenJDK project, it looks like it's not very consistent.