<i18n dev> RFR: 8274544: Langtools command's usage were garbled on Japanese Windows [v5]

Ichiroh Takiguchi itakiguchi at openjdk.java.net
Tue Nov 2 00:19:15 UTC 2021

On Mon, 1 Nov 2021 16:10:26 GMT, Ichiroh Takiguchi <itakiguchi at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> JEP-400 (UTF-8 by Default) was eabled on JDK18-b13.
>> After JDK18-b13, javac and some other langtool command's usage were garbled on Japanese Windows.
>> These commands use PrintWriter instead of standard out/err with PrintStream.
>
> Ichiroh Takiguchi has updated the pull request with a new target base due to a merge or a rebase. The pull request now contains five commits:
>
>  - 8274544: Langtools command's usage were garbled on Japanese Windows
>  - 8274544: Langtools command's usage were garbled on Japanese Windows
>  - 8274544: Langtools command's usage were garbled on Japanese Windows
>  - 8274544: Langtools command's usage were garbled on Japanese Windows
>  - Langtools command's usage were grabled on Japanese Windows

I needed to rebase my fixed code since JavapTask.java and JdepsTask.java were updated.

Hello @jonathan-gibbons .
Could you check new fixes ?
I changed following parts:
* Native charset is generated on com/sun/tools/javac/util/Log.java.
* module-info.java was updated

Hello @naotoj .
Could you check new fixes again ?