<i18n dev> RFR: 8276348: Use blessed modifier order in java.base

Pavel Rappo prappo at openjdk.java.net
Tue Nov 2 16:54:28 UTC 2021

This PR follows up one of the recent PRs, where I used a non-canonical modifier order. Since the problem was noticed [^1], why not to address it at mass?

As far as I remember, the first mass-canonicalization of modifiers took place in JDK-8136583 in 2015 [^2]. That change affected 1780 lines spanning 453 files. Since then modifiers have become a bit lose, and it makes sense to re-bless (using the JDK-8136583 terminology) them.

This change was produced by running the below command followed by updating the copyright years on the affected files where necessary:

    $ sh ./bin/blessed-modifier-order.sh src/java.base

The resulting change is much smaller than that of 2015: 39 lines spanning 21 files.

[^1]: https://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/core-libs-dev/2021-November/082987.html (or https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/pull/6191#pullrequestreview-794333365)
[^2]: http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/core-libs-dev/2015-September/035217.html

Commit messages:
 - Initial commit