<i18n dev> RFR: 8278254: Cleanup doclint warnings in java.desktop module [v4]

Alexey Ivanov aivanov at openjdk.java.net
Mon Jan 24 11:39:12 UTC 2022

On Mon, 24 Jan 2022 11:28:06 GMT, Prasanta Sadhukhan <psadhukhan at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> If `ShellFolder` remains mentioned, I'd rather use `<code>ShellFolder</code>` as it was done originally.
>>
>> I guess Sergey challenged the fact of referencing `ShellFolder`. The fact that it could be `ShellFolder` rather than `File` is an implementation detail. Can we drop that from the spec?
>>
>> On the other hand, `ShellFolder` class, even though it's not a public API, is mentioned in quite a few methods in `FileSystemView`.
>>
>> I don't have a strong opinion here. Perhaps, we should scrap all the references to `ShellFolder`.
>
> Since it is mentioned in other places, I would rather not scrap it. Also, since in most places it is mentioned as a non-link value, I chose to modify it.

The `<code>` element does not create a link, it uses monospace font to render its contents which implies it's part of computer code. Class names usually marked up with `<code>` HTML element or with `{@code }` javadoc element.

These aren't used consistently. Often classes aren't marked up. So you're right: in the majority of cases, `ShellFolder` isn't marked up. The `<code>` markup is used in two methods only: `isRoot` and `getChild`.