<i18n dev> RFR: 8295729: Add jcheck whitespace checking for properties files [v2]

Magnus Ihse Bursie ihse at openjdk.org
Mon Oct 24 19:31:26 UTC 2022

On Mon, 24 Oct 2022 19:20:24 GMT, Andy Goryachev <angorya at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Magnus Ihse Bursie has updated the pull request incrementally with two additional commits since the last revision:
>>
>>  - Remove check for .properties from jcheck
>>  - Restore trailing whitespace for property values
>
> 368 files to review!  I wish we had separate PRs for fixing properties and checking for trailing whitespace.  i 'd expect it will take some time to review localization, unless we just keep them as is.

@andy-goryachev-oracle They are all automatically processed. There are two kinds of changes: Non-value lines have their trailing whitespace removed. You can verify that part of the PR by looking here: https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/pull/10792/files/c91fdaa19dc06351598bd1c0614e1af3bfa08ae2

This was the state of the PR as of three days ago. The most numerous number of changed files are here, but you can just scroll through the change and verify quickly that it is trivial.

The second change is the one suggested by Naoti; I have replaced all trailing tabs (there were just one) with `\u0009` and all trailing spaces with `\u0020`. That part was just pushed by me now. You can see that part separately here: https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/pull/10792/commits/a509b90f1b7f833924493fbd28b3cbb1a85c1f21

This affects far fewer files. And once again, it was mechanically generated. You can once again just scroll through and verify that all changes are due to the trailing whitespace being converted to unicode sequences.