<i18n dev> RFR: 8302877: Speed up latin1 case conversions

Eirik Bjorsnos duke at openjdk.org
Mon Feb 20 14:47:39 UTC 2023

On Sat, 18 Feb 2023 00:57:14 GMT, Naoto Sato <naoto at openjdk.org> wrote:

>  I'd rather not use "case folding", as to me it implies "normalizing" but this is simply lowercasing/uppercasing.

I guess I was looking for a generic term for uppercase/lowercase. I picked "case conversion" instead.

> test/jdk/java/lang/Character/Latin1CaseFolding.java line 31:
>
>> 29: /**
>> 30:  * @test
>> 31:  * @summary Provides exchaustive verification of Character.toUpperCase and Character.toLowerCase
>
> typo: "exhaustive"?

I did an 'exchaustive' search for 'exchaustive' across the code base and found  two comments in `LocaleData` and `LocaleData.cldr` in `jdk/test/jdk/sun/text/resources`.

Would you like me to update these as well while we're here, or should we avoid getting out scope for this PR?