<i18n dev> RFR: 8330954: Fix remaining `@since` tags in `java.base` [v3]

Kevin Rushforth kcr at openjdk.org
Mon May 13 18:47:15 UTC 2024

On Mon, 13 May 2024 18:00:27 GMT, Chen Liang <liach at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> I don't want to merge or rebase on an active PR. It should get fixed once this is integrated.
>
> Sure, this comment serves as a note to reviewers that these 2 header changes have been committed in other changes and thus can be safely ignored.

There is no harm in merging the upstream master, using `git merge`, to bring your branch more up-to-date. And it can be helpful in cases like this where it might help reviewers avoid extraneous information. It is also recommended in other cases (e.g., a long-running PR where there is a lot of drift between the PR source branch and the upstream target branch).

Skara will squash all commits anyway when integrating so the results will be identical.

Btw, one thing you should _not_ do is rebase a source branch of an active PR.