JSR 386 (Java SE 12) Specification -- DRAFT 18

Iris Clark iris.clark at oracle.com
Fri Nov 2 15:55:04 UTC 2018

Hi.

An updated draft of the Specification is available here:

    https://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iris/se/12/spec/draft/java-se-12-draft-spec-18/

This draft includes the following changes:

    - Spec, Section 8 "APIs removed":  Add java.util.zip.*.finalize()

    - Spec, Section 9 "APIs proposed for removal": Remove

      java.util.zip.*.finalize()

    - Annexes 1 and 2: Updates based on build 18

The next JCP milestone is PFD. I anticipate submission to the PMO in late

January and publication in February.  As usual with milestones, we'll take a

snapshot of the current Specification and submit it.  I expect additional

DRAFTs before PFD for newly Targeted JEPs, removed/deprecated APIs, etc.

Links to the JEP/CSR Dashboards, latest Specification, latest JavaDoc API and

diffs, and latest RI binaries may be found on this page:

    https://openjdk.java.net/projects/jdk/12/spec/

As always, feedback on this and other work in progress is welcome.

Thanks,

iris