JSR 386 (Java SE 12) Specification -- DRAFT 13

Iris Clark iris.clark at oracle.com
Fri Sep 28 02:32:52 UTC 2018

Hi.

An updated draft of the Specification is available here:

    https://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iris/se/12/spec/draft/java-se-12-draft-spec-13/

This draft includes the following changes:

    - Spec, text before TOC: New sentence added for RI.

    - Spec, Section 6 "Feature descriptions":  New subsection "Preview
      features" based on JEP 12 [0].

    - Annexes 1 and 2: Updates based on build 13

The next JCP milestone is PR. I anticipate submission to the PMO in early
November and publication a few days later.  As usual with milestones, we'll
take a snapshot of the current Specification and submit it.  I expect
additional DRAFTs before PR for newly Targeted JEPs, removed/deprecated APIs,
etc.

Links to the JEP/CSR Dashboards, latest Specification, latest JavaDoc API and
diffs, and latest RI binaries may be found on this page:

    https://openjdk.java.net/projects/jdk/12/spec/

As always, feedback on this and other work in progress is welcome.

Thanks,
iris

[0]: https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/12