JSR 388 (Java SE 13) Specification -- DRAFT 25

Iris Clark iris.clark at oracle.com
Thu Jun 20 03:57:44 UTC 2019

Hi.

An updated draft of the Specification is available here:

    https://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iris/se/13/spec/draft/java-se-13-draft-spec-25/

This draft includes the following changes:

    - Spec, Section 4 "Component JSR Specifications": Remove JSRs 114 and 221

    - Spec, Section 5 "Features": Add
        o JEP 354: Switch Expressions (Preview)
        o JEP 355: Text Blocks (Preview)

    - Spec, sections 7, 8 "APIs (removed|proposed for removal)": Remove
      previously deprecated forRemoval=true methods:
        o java.lang.Runtime.traceInstructions(boolean)
        o java.lang.Runtime.traceMethodCalls(boolean)

    - Annexes 1 and 2: Updates based on build 25

    - Annex 3:  Add PDFs for JLS and JVMS; Add JEPs 354, 355

This JSR uses JCP version 2.11 as defined in JSR 387.  The next JCP milestone
is PR.  As usual with milestones, we'll take a snapshot of the current
Specification (without changebars) and submit it for publication.  I
anticipate PR submission to the PMO late June, for publication in July. With
the exception of Annexes 1 and 2, I expect that the current draft is very near
the expected content for PR.

Links to the JEP/CSR Dashboards, latest Specification, latest JavaDoc API and
diffs, and latest RI binaries may be found on this page:

    https://openjdk.java.net/projects/jdk/13/spec/

Thanks,
Iris