RFR: JDK-8264274: Block tags in overview.html are ignored

Hannes Wallnöfer hannesw at openjdk.java.net
Fri Aug 13 08:07:25 UTC 2021

On Thu, 12 Aug 2021 17:56:01 GMT, Jonathan Gibbons <jjg at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> This is a simple fix to generate block tags in overview files specified by the `-overview` option.
>>
>> I added a protected `addOverviewTags` method in `AbstractOverviewIndexWriter` which is probably overkill but keeps things flexible and separated.
>
> test/langtools/jdk/javadoc/doclet/testOverview/TestOverview.java line 80:
>
>> 78:                     <dd>
>> 79:                     <ul class="see-list">
>
> What's with the funky URL?

That's just a format string specifier "%1$s", meaning the first format argument (see invocation of `formatted` method below to adapt the string to a module or non-module context).

I realize now that I could have omitted the argument index part of the format specifier, will update the PR if that is true.