RFR: 8266666: Implementation for snippets [v7]

Pavel Rappo prappo at openjdk.java.net
Tue Aug 24 13:15:00 UTC 2021

On Fri, 20 Aug 2021 18:11:05 GMT, Jonathan Gibbons <jjg at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Pavel Rappo has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>>
>>   Pass through FIXMEs and TODOs
>>
>>   Downgrades FIXMEs that do not mark *feature issues* to TODOs, or removes those FIXMEs completely. For example, unlike Style hierarchy, Action hierarchy won't benefit from becoming sealed. So the respective FIXME is removed.
>
> src/jdk.javadoc/share/classes/jdk/javadoc/internal/doclets/toolkit/taglets/SnippetTaglet.java line 96:
>
>> 94:             // recently encountered of two, the iteration order might differ
>> 95:             // from the source order
>> 96:             error(writer, holder, a, "doclet.tag.attribute.repeated", a.getName().toString());
>
> Can we use a `LinkedHashMap` or similar to preserve encounter order?

If you look closely, you will see that the ordering characteristics of the `Map` implementation used to collect attributes is immaterial. My comment was about the implied (but unspecified) order of attributes in the list returned from the `SnippetTree.getAttributes()` method; see the third paragraph in the description of https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8266826

I clarified the comment in 26de34083a3.