RFR: 8334332: Run TestIOException.java with root user fails [v2]

Pavel Rappo prappo at openjdk.org
Mon Jun 17 15:14:15 UTC 2024

On Sat, 15 Jun 2024 09:54:38 GMT, SendaoYan <syan at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Hi all,
>>   Test `test/langtools/jdk/javadoc/doclet/testIOException/TestIOException.java` run fails with root user privileged. I think it's necessary to skip this testcase when user is root.
>>   Why run the jtreg test by root user? It's because during rpmbuild process for linux distribution of JDK, root user is the default user to build the openjdk, also is the default user to run the `make test-tier1`, this PR make this testcase more robustness.
>>   The change has been verified, only change the testcase, no risk.
>
> SendaoYan has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>
>   delete an extra whitespace

I re-titled the JBS issue, please update this PR title accordingly.

test/langtools/jdk/javadoc/doclet/testIOException/TestIOException.java line 58:

> 56:         if(Platform.isRoot() && !tester.isWindows()) {
> 57:             throw new SkippedException("root user has privileged will make this test fail.");
> 58:         }

Suggestion:

        if (Platform.isRoot() && !tester.isWindows()) {
            throw new SkippedException("root user has privileges that will make this test fail");
        }
        var tester = new TestIOException();