java.sql2.SqlException

Douglas Surber douglas.surber at oracle.com
Thu Oct 12 15:34:33 UTC 2017

All good points.  The module issue may be the deciding factor.

I don’t think SqlException is actually used anywhere in the API except as a superclass of SqlSkippedException which shows up only as an argument to Operation.onError so checked/not-checked hardly matters. Further elaboration of the error handling system would most likely specify that for database errors the arguments to Operation.onError would be SqlException (or TBD subclasses). Again shows up only as an argument so checked/not-checked is less important. Still the point is well taken.

Douglas