Example of a Flow-based JDBC API

Douglas Surber douglas.surber at oracle.com
Fri Oct 27 23:35:39 UTC 2017

> On Oct 27, 2017, at 4:05 PM, Viktor Klang <v at lightbend.com> wrote:
>
> Answers in line
>
> On Wed, Oct 25, 2017 at 4:06 PM, Douglas Surber <douglas.surber at oracle.com <mailto:douglas.surber at oracle.com>> wrote:
>

> No implementations are required, only the API being included in Java 19.x.
>
> Isn't there a real risk that it will be hard to vet the implementability without at the very least one implementation?

Oracle has an internal prototype implementation for the Oracle Database that is asynchronous all the way down so we are confident that this is implementable. This prototype has two purposes: 1) demonstrate that the API is implementable, 2) actually run sample code to test the usability of the API. Management is currently unwilling to release this prototype for public use, but that may change.

There have been forum posts from a few folks suggesting efforts to implement ADBA. We hope one or more of those efforts is successful and look forward to any feedback.

Douglas