JEP 311: Java Packager API & CLI

Kevin Rushforth kevin.rushforth at oracle.com
Thu Oct 19 21:23:06 UTC 2017

Michael Hall wrote:
> It was recently indicated on the javafx list that questions concerning this subject and JEP 311 should be posted to this list.
>
> I guess my first question then would be, is the assumption correct that support for Java Packager will now be on this list?

The javapackager was originally the "javafxpackager", but as it is no
longer specific to JavaFX it makes more sense to discuss it here. The
code base is still in the openjfx repo, but it seems better to do
reviews on this more general list.

> The second question to the JEP is that I don’t see that it includes --add-exports listed with the supported JEP arguments.
> My understanding is that this might sometimes be needed for restricted/not visible API’s with the current release of Java 9?

I'll let Victor or others chime in about this, but it seems that
providing some support for --add-exports might be useful.

-- Kevin