Missing submit notifications?

Andrew Dinn adinn at redhat.com
Mon Dec 17 14:57:57 UTC 2018

Hi Stanislav,

On 17/12/2018 13:53, Stanislav Smirnov wrote:
> yes, I do not see the *-3 branch in the system.
> You should have received a notification for *-4, in the failed build
> tasks I can see "open/src/hotspot/share/opto/type.cpp(448): error C2124:
> divide or mod by zero”.

Yes, I got that about half an hour ago. Thanks for forwarding the error
notification.

> Talking about notifications, I am planning to enhance the communication
> between users and the system to make it more transparent, so user can
> know at what step a branch is.

It would really help if user of the submit repo could see the build log
without having to rely on bothering someone at Oracle to check up and
forward details of any error. Oracle staff have always responded very
kindly to such requests (for which I am very grateful) but I always feel
bad about continually having to ask them for assistance. If we could
simply have the last 100 lines of the build log emailed to the submitter
that would be a big help. Would that be a problem to implement because
it might reveal details of the build process that are Oracle are not at
liberty to disclose?

> For the jdk-submit related issues, please also send a message to
> the ops at openjdk.java.net <mailto:ops at openjdk.java.net>.
Thanks. I will do in future.

To be honest I always thought ops at openjdk.java.net was just an opaque
way to post mail to the machine under MR's desk (which he then sometimes
forwarded to Iris). I'm very glad to see Mark now has a full support
team (not half as glad as he is? :-).

regards,

Andrew Dinn