JDK 10 Release Candidate Phase: Process proposal

mark.reinhold at oracle.com mark.reinhold at oracle.com
Thu Feb 1 19:40:38 UTC 2018

Per the JDK 10 schedule [1], we'll enter the Release Candidate Phase next
week, on Thursday, 8 February.

The goal of this phase is the same as it was for JDK 9: Ensure that we
fix the bugs that are absolutely critical to the success of the release.

I propose that we use the same process as for JDK 9.  I've drafted a page
for this phase and posted it here:

  http://openjdk.java.net/projects/jdk/10/rc

This phase will run from the Initial Release Candidate milestone, on
8 February, until the end of the release.

JDK Committers are invited to comment on this process proposal.  If no
objections are raised in one week's time, by 23:00 UTC next Thursday,
8 February, then this is the process that we'll use.

- Mark

[1] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/jdk/10/#Schedule