The generated-configure.sh script is dead, long live autoconf!

Martin Buchholz martinrb at google.com
Mon Feb 5 16:46:29 UTC 2018

In defense of build-team's decision, autoconf 2.69 was released in 2012,
and it's possible to run autoconf on another machine than the build
machine, and autoconf itself is easy to build.

If you can verify that your old version of autoconf works, then the version
check in the sources can/should be relaxed.