Why do "Oracle JDK 10 builds" not support AppCDS?

Jiangli Zhou jiangli.zhou at Oracle.COM
Thu Feb 15 18:44:01 UTC 2018

Hi Volker,

This is intentional for JDK 10. According to the license of Oracle JDK 10, the UseAppCDS option requires -XX:+UnlockCommercialFeatures. For OpenJDK, UseAppCDS can be enabled without -XX:+UnlockCommercialFeatures. The CDS/AppCDS functionality in both Oracle JDK 10 and OpenJDK 10 are identical.

Thanks,
Jiangli