RFR: JDK-8200083: Bump bootjdk requirement for JDK 11 to JDK 10

Martin Buchholz martinrb at google.com
Wed Mar 21 22:07:45 UTC 2018

Now that we are releasing jdks an order of magnitude faster than before, we
should reconsider the N-1 boot jdk policy.

The primary beneficiaries of this are compiler-dev, who might like to code
using the very features they are implementing.

But for users, being able to bootstrap with an ancient jdk is definitely
convenient.

A good compromise might be to be able to bootstrap with the most recent LTS
release (jdk 8) but it might already be too late for that.