Introducing time wasters

Florian Weimer fweimer at redhat.com
Thu Sep 20 12:15:02 UTC 2018

* Sean Mullan:

> I read it as a joke. I did double-check the calendar and it's not
> April 1 yet.

Is it a joke?

Avoiding wasting developer and QE time for manually checking logs is the
main reason why we fix and backport obscure test suite failures.  We are
usually constrained by QE resources for backports, but I think we now
have a mindset that the QE cost for such fixes is actually negative:
Sure, there is another bug to validate, but it will pay off pretty
quickly because you don't have to worry about the failing test ever
again.

Thanks,
Florian