Announcing the Renaissance benchmark suite

Francois Farquet francois.farquet at oracle.com
Thu May 9 08:32:44 UTC 2019

Dear all,

We are pleased to announce the release of the Renaissance Benchmark
Suite. This new suite is intended to provide workloads that are not
available elsewhere, and thus complement the workloads found in the
existing, commonly used benchmark suites for the JVM, such as DaCapo,
ScalaBench, and SPECjvm2008, which we gratefully acknowledge. We have
found a great deal of inspiration in these suites, and strive to match
and, where possible, exceed, the level of quality and usability
established by these suites.

We aim to make the Renaissance development process as open as possible,
and invite the community to participate. The code is open-source and the
contribution mechanism is open. The suite will be regularly updated
through minor releases, while new benchmarks will be introduced or
retired in major releases.

Version 0.9 marks the first public open-source release of the
Renaissance suite and is considered a major release candidate with
respect to the selection of workloads included in the suite. We are
still stabilizing the internal design until the 1.0 major release which
should be ready in a few weeks. In the meantime, any feedback or
contribution is very welcome.

Repository : https://github.com/renaissance-benchmarks/renaissance/
Website : https://renaissance.dev/

Thanks,