Feedback on javadoc UI changes

Maurizio Cimadamore maurizio.cimadamore at oracle.com
Wed Oct 9 20:27:01 UTC 2019

#3 is the one I prefer; it is subtle (compared to #2), offer some
benefits (as Alex said) in terms of screen estate, and, indirectly put
the search bar front and center, as it should be.

I wonder if there should be an 'up' button to hide the top bar even when
you are looking at the top part of the page; but the autoscroll does
what I'd like already, so that probably asking for troubles.

One nit (on #3) - it seems like if you start typing on the search box
and some suggestions show up, the top bar doesn't show up, even if you
reach the top of the page. Probably that's deliberate, mostly asking.

(tested on Ubuntu 18.04/Firefox)

Maurizio