Why one can't submit an alternative thread pool to the streams API?

Brian Goetz brian.goetz at oracle.com
Sun Oct 13 13:14:37 UTC 2019

No, I think you’ve got the wrong idea.

It’s not that here is no agreement.  The experts agreed that 99.999% of the time, the absolutely right thing to do is use the common pool.  So that’s what the API supports.  There wasn’t agreement about what do do in the corner case of a corner case where the common pool isn’t right, so we did nothing there.

If you think you should be using a different pool, or that there is a “decision to make” about what to do, you are almost certainly wrong, and should stop worrying about it and just use the common pool and feel great about it!

Sent from my iPad