Bytecode Instrumentation and Class Loading.

Sam Thomas sam.thomas at broadcom.com
Wed Sep 18 18:47:09 UTC 2019

Hi,

I'm trying to understand if a class will load as soon as all the
transformers return. The aim is to get a class reference of a class I have
seen in my transformer.
I'm currently using Class.forName().

Also if there is way to get the same without triggering class loading - if
the class is not loaded return a null reference. I ask this because there
is a scenario where there are two agents on JBoss where one asks for the
class reference using Class.forName() and the other went and performed a
redefineClass() on it and I end up getting a Failed to define class.

Thanks
./Sam