Reproducible Properties

Robert Scholte rfscholte at apache.org
Sun Sep 29 13:08:19 UTC 2019

Hi,

the Maven team gets quite some requests regarding reproducible builds.
Depending on the source we're able to fix it ourselves.
However, in case of writing properties via Properties.store() we'll get
unreproducible properties, because it includes the current Date().[1]. The
only option we have right now is writing our own Properties writer.
I'm kind of surprised not to find any related issue, but does it make
sense to make the inclusion of the date optional?

thanks,
Robert Scholte

[1]
https://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk/jdk/file/4107e5a422b6/src/java.base/share/classes/java/util/Properties.java#l924