Shortcut files created in openjdk installation

Konakanchi, Gopala Krishna V N. GopalaKrishna.Konakanchi at arcserve.com
Tue Aug 4 11:08:29 UTC 2020

Hi,
When we have installed open-jdk 1.8.0 on Red hat Linux instance ( AWS ec2-instance - red hat version 8.2 ), some shortcut files were created.
Installed using yum.  We have faced some issues due to the creation of shortcut files instead of complete file.

Observation:
When clicked on the shortcut file, the file with full content is opened in the same location. ( Were shortcut file is placed ).

Can you please help to let us know why the short cut files are getting created.

Best Regards,
Gopala Krishna.