RFR: Updated section on Code Conventions.

Jesper Wilhelmsson jesper.wilhelmsson at oracle.com
Tue Aug 25 00:13:30 UTC 2020

> On 10 Jul 2020, at 01:51, mark.reinhold at oracle.com wrote:
>>
>> 2) Small, controlled, set of editors
>
> Here’s the missing issue: Who would this set of editors be?  As I wrote
> earlier:
>
>  Not only would we need an editor to spend time on this, and maintain
>  it for the long haul, but it would inevitably require some of the
>  limited time of at least some of our most experienced contributors.
>  Is that the best use of their time?
>
> I don’t know how to answer this question but I don’t see any qualified
> contributors volunteering, and I certainly can’t take it on myself.
>
> Without an answer to this question, all the others are moot.

Hi Mark. Reviving this thread from the past.

Before my vacation I sent out this question to some people I think would qualify to be in an editorial board of the Java style guide:

"If we were to assemble a set of four-six persons to build an editorial board for the Java Style Guide, would you agree to be part of it?"

The following set of people replied that they are interested in participating: Brian Goetz, Paul Sandoz, Stuart Marks, Joe Darcy, Andreas Lundblad, Michael Diamond. I'd be willing to participate myself as well if needed.

I hope this shows that there are qualified contributors willing to volunteer and that we should plan for the next step.

Thanks,
/Jesper