CFV: New JDK Committer: Andrew Leonard

Severin Gehwolf sgehwolf at redhat.com
Mon Dec 7 15:08:01 UTC 2020

Hi Alan,

On Mon, 2020-12-07 at 10:29 +0000, Alan Bateman wrote:
On 24/11/2020 13:18, Severin Gehwolf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I hereby nominate Andrew Leonard (aleonard) to JDK Project Committer.
>
> Andrew has been working primarily on the core-libs and build
> components, on a range of fixes mainly discovered by his involvement
> with Eclipse OpenJ9 and AdoptOpenJDK, and contributing them upstream
> OpenJDK.
>
> Andrew has 12 contributions: [0] and has also been involved in aiding
> 7
> backports for jdk8u/11u: [3] [4]
The rough guideline is that a Contributor should have at least 8
significant contributions before being nominated. There's a lot of
interpretation and wriggle room in that guidelines but I wonder if
there
are sufficient significant contributions in this case to support the
nomination at this time.

To me, "rough guideline" is the keyword.

>From looking at other recent proposals[1][2][3], the nomination seemed
reasonable to me at this point. Do you have specific concerns, or
should we just wait a little longer for some more contributions of
Andrew to get in?

Thanks,
Severin

[1] https://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/jdk-dev/2020-October/004840.html