Regression for Native Library Loading in 11.0.5 on Linux

Marc Streckfuß marc.streckfuss at gmail.com
Sat Feb 1 11:56:55 UTC 2020

Dear Sirs or Madams,
Since posting to the Java Bug System is restricted to OpenJDK Authors, I'm
asking here for help and maybe someone can create a tracking issue on my
behalf.

We're seeing a problem where loading the "lwjgl2" (
https://github.com/LWJGL/lwjgl) native dependencies fails ONLY on Linux and
ONLY on JDK/JVM 11.
I've been told that this only happens on 11.0.5, 11.0.4 should be fine,
however research shows, that this also happens on 11.0.3
https://unix.stackexchange.com/q/532054.

The issue is:

Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dl-lookup.c: 111: check_match:
Assertion `version->filename == NULL || ! _dl_name_match_p
(version->filename, map)' failed!

Technically this issue stems from glib, here:
https://github.com/lattera/glibc/blob/master/elf/dl-lookup.c#L111, but it
has to be somehow related to the way the JVM is interacting with glibc, as
this behavior wasn't there with Java 8.
I can't really reliable comment on the state for versions 9, 10 and up
until 11.0.4, but 11.0.5 has the problem and 8 doesn't.

Sorry for the vague information on this one, but maybe someone has an idea
or could give this a quick look?
I guess if you already have a dev env setup and can step through with a
debugger, the issue could be trivial.

Thanks in Advance,
Marc Streckfuß