https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8248524 public?

Ioi Lam ioi.lam at oracle.com
Mon Jul 27 23:07:33 UTC 2020

On 7/24/20 7:16 AM, David Holmes wrote:
> On 24/07/2020 11:47 pm, Severin Gehwolf wrote:

>>> It contains information in the description that requires it not be
>>> public - sorry. But it basically says (as seen in the patch) that the
>>> resource array may be too small.
>>
>> OK, thanks, David.
>>
>> Does anybody know whether this issue of closed bugs being used to push
>> changes will be rectified once moved to git and skara via JEPs 357/369?
>
> I don't think there is any connection between the two things so the
> move to git won't change anything there.
>
>> It would be nice if that could be caught in future. I.e. if a bug
>> exists that contains internal/confidential info, another bug needs to
>> be created, possibly referencing the other. In a setup which I've in
>> mind only public bug could be used to push changes. Hopefully we'll get
>> there :)
>
> I'm not sure where such a policy decision needs to be made.

For these closed bugs, I think we should create a public bug for the
general JDK community. Maybe we can standardize on a format so it's easy
to search? E.g., the title of the bug should be

     Public information for JDK-1234567 <original bug title>

And maybe we can program JIRA to automatically redirect to the public
bug (if the original bug has a link to the public bug, and the title
matches the pattern). Or maybe add a new type of "public-info" to the links.

Thanks
- Ioi