CFV: New OpenJDK Committer: Simon Tooke

Mikael Vidstedt mikael.vidstedt at oracle.com
Wed May 27 20:52:59 UTC 2020

> On May 27, 2020, at 12:31 PM, Andrew Hughes <gnu.andrew at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> On 27/05/2020 20:19, Mikael Vidstedt wrote:
>>

>>> On May 27, 2020, at 11:53 AM, Andrew Hughes <gnu.andrew at redhat.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I hereby nominate Simon Tooke (stooke) [0] to OpenJDK Committer.
>>
>> Any particular reason for using “OpenJDK” instead of a/the project name (“JDK”)?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Mikael
>>

> I tend to always use OpenJDK for clarity. 'JDK' has a history of
> association with the Sun/Oracle proprietary project.

Though it actually makes it less clear :) As mentioned on[1] the email subject and body should use the short name for the project in question (“JDK”), otherwise it’s not really clear which specific project it’s referring to (though we can of course make educated guesses).

Cheers,
Mikael

[1] https://openjdk.java.net/projects/#project-committer