Unpack200 alternatives

Eric Bresie ebresie at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 14:14:07 UTC 2021

It is Apache Netbeans which is on the list.

The IDE/Platform is updated/updating to newer Java it’s how to handle the legacy plug-ins that I’m concerned about

Its the independent plugins which leverages pack 200 / unpack during plug-in install.

Presently there is issue (1) in work for this but it didn’t seem clear to me at first why it didn’t handle the use case of unpacking existing pack200 in a newer JDK environment but I’m guessing one of the pack200 forks may be the way forward.

(1) https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-2842?jql=text%20~%20%22pack200%22%20and%20project%20%3D%20NetBeans%20