Re: The meaning, or not, of “LTS”

Cay Horstmann cay.horstmann at gmail.com
Sun May 16 12:37:21 UTC 2021

What happens with experimental, preview, and incubator features that are
introduced in an LTS and subsequently modified? Are providers of an LTS
obligated to keep the feature in its unmodified form, or may they drop
it or replace it with a later version? I am just wondering about the
effort of keeping an obsolete feature version alive for many years.

Thanks,

Cay

Cay S. Horstmann | http://horstmann.com | mailto:cay at horstmann.com