CFV: New JDK Committer: Yi Yang

Tobias Hartmann tobias.hartmann at oracle.com
Wed May 19 09:51:41 UTC 2021

I hereby nominate Yi Yang (yyang) to JDK Committer.

Description by himself:
"I'm working at Alibaba JVM Team for a year, mainly focus on runtime and tool. In runtime, my work
includes making java start up faster and occupies less memory for serverless applications. In tool,
we are trying to deploy JFR and EclipseJIFA in a cloud environment and help users diagnose their
problems. Besides, I'm also very interested in jit compilers, that is what really attracts me among
HotSpot VM. In my spare time, I wrote a JVMCI based C1-like JIT compiler, though, incomplete."

Yang has contributed 24 patches to JDK [3] and 10 to Valhalla [4], many of which are non-trivial.

Votes are due by Wednesday, 2 June 2021 at 10:00 UTC.

Only current JDK Committers [1] are eligible to vote on this nomination. Votes must be cast in the
open by replying to this mailing list.

For Lazy Consensus voting instructions, see [2].

Best regards,
Tobias

[1] https://openjdk.java.net/census
[2] https://openjdk.java.net/projects/#committer-vote