[External] : Re: Draft JEP, "JDK packaging guidelines"

Alexey Semenyuk alexey.semenyuk at oracle.com
Thu Mar 3 17:48:47 UTC 2022

Vladimir,

The recommendation is not to use arch suffix in installation directory
name on macOS. These are installation directories of various JDKs:
Oracle: /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-17.0.1.jdk
Adoptium: /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/temurin-17.jdk
Zulu: /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/zulu-17.jdk
Liberica: /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/liberica-jdk-17.jdk
Amazon Corretto: /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/amazon-coretto-17.jdk

None of the names contain arch suffix, so I think this recommendation is
easy to follow.

- Alexey