JEP draft: Prepare to Restrict The Use of JNI

Maurizio Cimadamore maurizio.cimadamore at oracle.com
Thu Aug 24 14:02:49 UTC 2023

On 24/08/2023 14:47, Volker Simonis wrote:
> I think the changes we are talking about here are much to fundamental
> for the Java platform to hide them in the API documentation of a
> package.

I think I've already explained how the plan is to move restricted
methods out of the FFM package javadoc.

As to the modifier idea - I think whatever arguments you make for
restricted methods also holds for preview API methods. We have been
previewing APIs for a number of years, and we have developed several
concepts that we can reuse here. In what way are restricted methods more
attention-deserving than preview API methods?

(And, no, I don't think we should add _two_ modifiers :-) )

Maurizio