CFV: New JDK Reviewer: Emanuel Peter

Bhateja, Jatin jatin.bhateja at intel.com
Tue Jun 6 12:44:37 UTC 2023

Vote: Yes

Best Regards,
Jatin
________________________________
From: jdk-dev <jdk-dev-retn at openjdk.org> on behalf of Tobias Hartmann <tobias.hartmann at oracle.com>
Sent: Friday, May 26, 2023 5:25:16 PM
To: jdk-dev <jdk-dev at openjdk.java.net>
Subject: CFV: New JDK Reviewer: Emanuel Peter

Hi,

I hereby nominate Emanuel Peter to JDK Reviewer.

Emanuel is a member of the HotSpot Compiler Team at Oracle and contributed 75 changes to the JDK
project [1].

Emanuel has acquired expert knowledge in critical areas of C2 and has successfully addressed and
resolved complex, long-standing issues within the codebase. For example, he tackled problems related
to irreducible loops and implemented effective solutions. Moreover, he introduced additional
verification of optimizations, leading to the discovery and resolution of various long-standing
issues, while also improving the debugability of new problems. He developed new stress testing
methods, which led to the identification and resolution of multiple bugs.

His involvement in C2's SuperWord optimization has significantly improved both performance and
correctness, establishing him as our go-to expert in that domain. Furthermore, Emanuel already
participated in the review process, providing valuable insights and improvements to contributions
made by fellow developers.

Votes are due by Friday, 9 June 2023 at 12:00 UTC.

Only current JDK Reviewers [2] are eligible to vote on this nomination. Votes must be cast in the
open by replying to this mailing list.

For Three-Vote Consensus voting instructions, see [3].

Best regards,
Tobias

[1] https://github.com/search?q=author%3Aeme64+repo%3Aopenjdk%2Fjdk&type=commits
[2] http://openjdk.java.net/census