JEP proposed to target JDK 22: 461: Stream Gatherers (Preview)

Daniel Schmid daniel at wwwmaster.at
Tue Nov 21 09:31:44 UTC 2023

When reading the type parameters of the
"Gatherer.of"/"Gatherer.ofSequential" methods, I realized that the type
parameter for the intermediate state is documted as

 > the type of initializer for the new gatherer

While not being wrong, it looks a bit confusing to me as it refers to
the intermediate state which is also used by the integrator, that type
parameter is not exclusive to the initializer.

Is there a reason it is not called

 > the type of intermediate state for the new gatherer

or something similar?